Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Carlisle #4



I'm sorry I didn't email yesterday, it was Bank Holiday so all of the banks and libraries were closed.
My week... Before I get into that, I just want to tell you how much I love you. I took so many things for granted that I never realized, little simple things like having a clean dish towel. I never realized how much of an impact my family and friends had on me. I have been so blessed to have grown up in a family that loves our heavenly father and that has standards. A family who works together in love and unity. I've seen torn apart families who absolutly can't stand thinking about their family. I am so blessed to have been raised in the church. Thank you ancestors for accepting the Gospel and teaching and raising your children in the ways of righteousness. So I honestly do love you.
Family: I would've been a much different person without the love that you've shown me. I love you.
Friends: You guys are crazy. And blessed. I've been taught alot by you. By example, and sadly, by things that I wanted to do differently. But I can honestly say, I love you all. You've inspired me to become a better person and for that I am so grateful.
Some advice: this comes from the bottom of my heart and I absolutely know this is true. If you want to be a good friend, don't exclude people. Happiness does not come from pushing yourself higher that other people. Happiness does not come by pulling others down to make yourself look better. Happiness comes from pushing one another up. From making other people happy. If you help others climb higher, you will be climbing higher yourself, and you might not even realize it. Do not exclude people. Do not make a circle of friends. Be open to other people. See the good in other people, and you will be happier. I don't mean to rebuke anyone. I only want to share some of what I learned the hard way.
Some of the highlights from my week.
Txx. Txx is the only investigator we have who has been with us since the beginning. We met with him on Tuesday, planning on teaching the 3rd lesson (the Gospel of Jesus Christ) but when we got talking and found out that he hadn't read in the Book of Mormon since our last lesson, I felt the strongest prompting to read with him. I looked at Elder V, he looked at me (he was getting the same prompting), and we just laid it on him. We read 1 Nephi 1, explained the importance of the Book of Mormon, talked about how if you want an answer to your questions you need to put some effort into it, and he committed to read and to come to church! Sadly, he stayed out to late on Saturday night drinking, so he was hung over and didn't come.:(
The other big highlight comes from Jxxxxx. Jxxxxx is a very intense Church of the Nazarene Christian. She believes very strongly that Jesus saved her from a life of badness and that she has the truth. She believes in the bible with all her heart. Anyway, after we first met and answered some questions, she had done tons of research and she came prepared for our meeting with questions, not to find out about us, but to prove us wrong. She attacked deep doctrine like how we can become Gods. Thankfully, we were able to defend our religion with the bible, and with the bible, show her about the plan of salvation. :) Thank you Paul!
 
We've had a pretty good week. Yesterday we were able to go to the temple!!!!!!! I love the temple! Yep. That's pretty much it from Carlisle.
 
I love you,
-Elder Olsen
Cheers!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment