Monday, September 15, 2014

Carlisle #7

Well it has been another crazy week in Carlisle. I'm hoping for an abnormal week this week, because our normal weeks are weird and messed up and super crazy. So an abnormal week would be nice. :)
After I emailed last week Elder VW and I went to the driving range and wacked out all of our stress on the poor golf balls.
 It was wonderful. I'm not a very good golfer, and I'm still awful, especially with a driver, but I got pretty darn good at hitting the snot out of the balls with the 8 iron. :) Oh it was good fun!
This week has been really good. We had some solid appointments with our investigators and some of them are progressing quite nicely! Hopefully we will see a baptism in Carlisle before the end of this transfer. It's been years since the last baptism here, but I believe strongly that as soon as we get one it will be like pushing over that first domino and others will follow. 
On Friday we got a call from one of the sisters former investigators. His name is Pikachu. It's not really, but he has problems so I shouldn't tell you his real name. Pikachu wanted us to come over and have a chat with him, and so the next day we did. It was alright, nothing special happened, but at the end we invited him to church. Skip to Sunday. He comes to church. We didn't think he would. He's dressed in sweat pants and a wife beater and he was a little bit tipsy, but he came. :) At the end of sacrament meeting we take him home and set up an appointment to meet up with him that night. So that night when we came he decided to tell us about all his problems. Long story short, he's gay, he's in love with both of us, he was sentanced to life in prison but got out after 14 years for good behavior, he went to prison because he was a paid hit man. So we're teaching a gay assassin. WHAT!?!?! Why is my life so great??? I'm on a mission in England, teaching a gay assassin. Life could not be better for me right now. :D
Anyway, I have a challenge for you.  I want you to study your scriptures and tell me what was the purpose of the Atonement in the pre-earth life. No internet allowed!!! :)
I love you all very much. I love your emails and letters, and I love your prayers. I know that God answers our prayers. Test it.
You are the best. I love you.
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment