Monday, September 22, 2014

Carlisle #8

I think the hardest part of writing emails is thinking of the subject.

So it has been a good week this week in Carlisle. We didn't see much success which was hard, but I have faith that we will see miracles this week!


Before I get into the bulk of the letter, I want to give you my insights on why the Atonement was necessary in the pre-existence. In Revelations chapter 2 it talks about the war in heaven. The dragon (Satan) and his 1/3 fight against Michael and his army (US!!) Verse 11 says something to the effect of, "and they overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by their testimonies." So we won the war in heaven because of the Atonement! Crazy right?? That's so cool!
So this week. 
Monday was P-day! So after we emailed and did our shopping, we went with a member to the golf course and played a round of golf. :) I have never golfed before, but guess who won!! It was me! I'm so special!! That evening we had one of the most unorthodox lessons I've ever had. Basically we did family history on the x-box and had a lesson on the Plan of Salvation sitting on a bed. I've basically learned to roll with whatever the investigators give me. 
Tuesday wasn't anything special, we taught our gay friend again, and he had been keeping committments so we decided to keep teaching him for now. :) 
On Wednesday we had an All Elder Training in Manchester, which was so good! We started out with President Ulrich talking about the Atonement, which was really cool because that has been the focus of my study for a couple days. After that we had a breakout session where we got to play sports!! And guess what. One of the Elders had a proper disc. So needless to say, I played Ultimate. :) Look! It's a picture down below! 
Ultimate!  Elder Johnson (from Break Force), Elder Lundell (from Riverton), Elder Olsen (from Sky View)
After that meeting we had exchanges, so I was on exchange with one of the Zone Leaders in Lancaster. We taught a man from Italy who can barely speak english. Elder Kxxxxxxx (zl) is from Sweden so his english isn't great either so I ended up giving the whole lesson. I'm pretty sure both I and this investigator got a little taste of the gift of tongues. Anyway, the exchange was good and I learned alot. The rest of the week was pretty normal so I'm not going to go into that. Today we went to the Scottish border with 3 of our investigators and the sisters! Pictures below!!! 

Adventures at the Scotland border



But yeah! I'm super excited for this coming week. It will be good. :)

I think you are all pretty great! Thank you for your love, support, letters, emails and the like. It's great!

But really. I love you.
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment