Monday, October 20, 2014

Carlisle #12


Well, it's that time again. Another 6 weeks are up and it's time for transfers. It's so crazy how fast time flies, it feels like 3 weeks ago that I was on the train from the MTC to Carlisle when in reality it's been 12 weeks. My news goes as follows: I'M GOING TO BE WHITEWASH TRAINING!!! On Saturday I will be transfered to the Stretford area in downtown Manchester. And I'm going to be training. In an area that I've never been before. And I'm going to be training. What the heck?!?! I've only been on my mission for 3 months! The only thing that has kept me from having a mental breakdown is the faith that I have that this call comes from God. He who is called is qualified. I have a testimony of the truthfulness of that statement. I got the call from the assistants on Thursday afternoon and the only thing thatI could say was "uh huh" and "wow". I was completely overwhelmed. As soon as I got back to the flat I kneeled down and prayed. I poured out my soul to Heavenly Father and asked for comfort and strength to be able to not freak out. I can't describe the answer that I recieved. It wasn't a heavenly manifestation by any means, but it was the closest that I have ever recieved and it was more than enough for me. All of my stress melted away. I felt comfort like I had never felt before. I felt like I was being hugged by a warm fluffy cloud where unicorns live. I know that God lives and that he answers prayers. He knows each of us personally and he loves us. Another part of my answer was a sure knowledge that this is what is best for me. This is how I'm going to be able to best serve my companion, the people, and God. This will enable me to become a better missionary. I'm going to miss Carlisle, but I will go forward with faith.
Wow. This week has been full of miracles. This first one still blows my mind everytime I think about it. It involves Pikachu, but I don't want to call him that, that's just weird. Let's call him Pxxx. Pxxx is the gay hit man that I've mentioned earlier. The alchoholic that has a crush on us. The last time we saw Pxxx was about 4 weeks ago. We went to his house and he was not feeling very well. He was contemplating suicide and He was struggling a lot. We told him that he needed to go to the hospital. A couple days later we went to his house without an appointment but he wasn't in. We spoke to one of his neighbors and he said that Pxxx was in the hospital. We prayed for Pxxx every now and again but kind of forgot about him for a couple weeks. Then last week on Monday his name popped in my mind during planning for Tuesday so on Tuesday we went to his house and lo and behold, he was there!!! We talk to him and Pxxx is completely sober. He tells us his story of what happened. Long story short, the night we last saw him, he was lying in bed, he threw up blood, his lungs were filling up with blood. He calls 999 (the english version of 911) and they rushed him to the hospital. His esophagus had burst. They performed surgery on him. He had a 10% chance of surviving but survive he did! The doctors told him that if he kept drinking he would be dead in 6 months. Pxxx hasn't had a drop of alchohol since. Miracle. And guess what! He's getting baptized!! He'll have to be interviewed by the mission president because he's committed a serious crime but I think he'll pass.
I could share more miracles but this is already longer than most of my letters. Basically, last week was really good. We taught some really good, powerful, spiritual lessons, we had investigators attend church, I've had some really insightful studies, and I've come to know my Saviour more. I want to share one more experience with you.
Last night we had a missionary fireside where Sisters Bxxxxx and Fxxxxxxx and Elder VW and myself sang songs and played music. The theme of the evening was the Restoration and the Saviors Atonement. I had a couple solos and I would like you to know that I nailed them. :) The spirit was so strong throughout the evening that you could cut it with a knife. I just want to let you all know that I know that the Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is my brother, my Redeemer, my friend, and my Savior. I know that he took upon him my sins and for that I will always love him. I know he lives. He truly was resurrected. I know it and I will not deny it.
Thank you all for your prayers. I have been able to feel them the last few days. I love you and am so grateful for your support. Thank you!!! I love you!!
 Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment