Monday, November 3, 2014

Stretford #2


This week has been so good! I have enjoyed every moment of it. I feel so blessed to be on a mission, in England, with Elder Rxxxx. I don't have tons of time to write this letter but I will do my best to get my thoughts and feelings out onto this. I was thinking about what I should write, and I started thinking about what would benefit you most. Yeah, mission stories are great, but it doesn't tell the story of what's happening in my life. I think the best way for you to truely understand is for me to bear my testimony. Don't worry, You aren't missing out on any stories, It's been a pretty dull week in that sense.
 
My testimony covers a very broad range of topics and I don't have time to write it and you probably wouldn't want to read it all either if I wrote it all down. But the basis of my testimony is on my Savior Jesus Christ. I can testify that Jesus Christ really is the Son of God. He is our Savior, Redeemer, Advocate, Friend, and Brother. I really just want to touch on one or two of those points. 1st, he is our Advocate. We always talk about how he is our Savior and Redeemer, but I think that for the most part we don't talk about this one. It all boils down to the Atonement. Because He preformed the Atonement, and I testify that he did, he knows each of us perfectly. Because of that he can plead our case to the Father. He loves us and he knows us perfectly. He wants us to return to live with him and he makes it all possible. I love Him.
2nd. He is our brother. He is the Son of God. We are children of God. Jesus Christ is our brother and we are joint heirs with him. Because of Christ's character, I believe that he was the best brother in the pre-earth life. He was the one who helped us glue a lamp that we broke back together. He helped us to set back up the bunk beds after it fell because we were jumping on it. He loves us.
 
I urge each of you to continually develope your relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. We do this through prayer and through scripture study. It is absolutely essential for us if we want to be happy.
 
I love each of you. Thank you for your support. I'm praying for you.
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment