Monday, November 17, 2014

Stretford #4


Can you believe it??? I've been on my mission for 4 months already! The time has absolutely flown by. I've been having so much fun and working so hard and it's been great!



Well this week was different from the other weeks in Stretford.  I don't really want to talk about Monday and Tuesday because they weren't anything special, but the rest of the week was soo GOOD! On Wednesday we had a specialized training from the Assistants and President Ulrich and I loved it. The training from the assistants was exactly what I needed to hear. I don't even really remember what they talked about but the spirit was strong and I was in tune and I was able to receive personal revelation for myself and for the work in the area. It gave me an enormous sense of responsibility and urgency to get the work done. I loved the feeling of the spirit that was in there and I feel like the whole thing was directed at me. I love it when pressure is put on me. When I'm in the right mind set, I thrive in situations where it's do or die. I felt like that was how it was this week. Do or Die. We didn't have any investigators so we have been doing loads of finding, except it wasn't finding the Lord's way. I thought we were working hard, I felt like we were! And looking back on it, I was working hard! But I was trying to do missionary my way. It was a lackadaisical Elder Olsen way to do it. When I got that urgency and personal revelation I felt put in that Do or Die situation and so I really started to rely on my Savior to enable me and Elder Rxxxx to preform miracles. Saturday and Sunday are the stand out days this week. The kind of days when you love being a missionary. President Ulrich told us that we need to start tracting now. He had received revelation that we need to tract. So on Saturday we went tracting for about 3 hours with a member. The member and Elder Rxxxx would knock one door and I would knock the one next to it by myself. We got loads of Potential Investigators that we are going to go try by tomorrow. Then we came across someone walking across the street and we stopped him. He's a 17 year old boy and he was super interested in how he can know if God is there and about the Restoration so we got a new investigator! He was our first solid investigator of the transfer. Then on Sunday we went tracting again and found another 17 year old investigator with the surname of Olsen! We talked about the restoration and about family history and it was great! Then at about 7:00 we went on Splits with the Zone Leaders. We had been praying for a street for us to tract, and I felt like we needed to tract one of the streets super close to our house. So Elder Rxxxx went with Elder Gxxxx to that road and in the space of about an hour they had taught 2 lessons and had 4 new investigators! Miracles happen! I went with Elder Oxxxxx and we taught 2 lessons and had a new investigator as well!  I know that the Lord speaks through us. I felt that so strongly this week. When I opened my mouth to speak, I spoke. It was my voice, but it wasn't my words. It's been a great week and I'm on a spiritual high now. 



I love you all. Thank you thank you thank you. 
Love, Elder Olsen



No comments:

Post a Comment