Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas testimony


I have a testimony. That is why I am on a mission. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a testimony of Jesus Christ, The Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith. When I left on my mission 5 months ago I felt like my testimony was strong, powerful, and unshakable. But the first day out here, when I had doors slammed in my face, English people turning up their noses at what I hold so dear, and having to sleep on a hard, flat pillow, I wasn't so sure that my testimony was as unshakable as I first believed. But after buying a new pillow and spending enough time talking to people to develop a thick skin my testimony started to grow stronger than ever before.
I know that God loves us. I know that we are his children. Jesus Christ is our older brother and our Savior. Joseph Smith is who he chose to reveal his gospel to, and because of that, we have prophets on the earth today. I know with absolutely no doubt that God loves us and the only way we can participate in the fullness of his love is found in this church. Jesus Christ truly died for us. I know it.

Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment