Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stretfortd #5

Well it's been an interesting week. :) But I absolutely loved it. On Monday we went shopping at the Trafford center, one of the biggest malls in the UK. It makes the Cache Valley Mall look like a... Well, this was a big mall. I didn't end up buying anything, which means I have developed self control! YAY! It was really fun. I have pictures but I wasn't able to bring my camera today, I'll send them next week.
If I were to look at my week from an outside perspective, I would think it was a terrible week. We didn't teach many lessons, we had so many doors slammed in our faces, and we got rained on. But I had a way good week personally. I grew so much more as a person, and my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has gone up so much as well. 

Some of the Anti-highlights that we had: 
We were tracting, and this black African man opened the door. He looked like he was going to say something but then just stopped. He looked at Elder Rxxxx and just said, "I'm shocked!" For the next 5 minutes he proceeded to tell Elder Rxxxx that he is an embarrassment to himself, his family, and all "colored" people everywhere for being a part of the Church, which is "one of the most racist organizations to every exist. That was a fun one for us to try to sort out. 
Another time we were out tracting and again, an African man opened the door. It's important to note that the door swung out. And he just stood there. And stared us down. It was my turn to speak at the door so I asked him how he was doing and he just stood there and stared at us like we had just killed his mother. I asked him if he was religious and suddenly he just shouted at the top of his lungs "NO!" And then he went quite again. Just that single outburst and that was it. I asked another question and the same thing happened. "NO!" I asked if we could come in to share a message with him and this time he didn't say anything. So I grabbed the door and closed it and we walked away. Right after the door closed he opened it back up and like a normal human being asked us very politely to shut the gate. 
Last night we went to teach a less-active member and we brought a fellowshipper with us. At this Less-actives home was her Muslim boy-friend. Bruce R. McConkie said, "You should never get into a bible bash, but if you do, make sure you don't lose. So we did just that. We tried everything not to get into a bash, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. This Muslim had read the bible, the Book of Mormon and the Quaran. We Destroyed him!!! :) But we left as friends so it's ok.   
We had some other experiences similar to this that aren't worth mentioning. But the gist of it is that we had a rubbish week. But I loved it. On Friday, we went back to the flat for dinner at about 6. And I just poured my heart out in prayer. It was probably the most discouraging day I had ever had. Which resulted in the most sincere prayer I had ever had. That evening after dinner we went back out and we had 2 AMAZING lessons. The spirit was there and these are incredible investigators. I'll tell you more about them next week. 

It was stake conference on Saturday and Sunday, and it was one of the best stake conferences I had ever been to. I feel like I was hit by a spirit bomb. It was amazing. I loved it so much. 

Today for P-day, we played American Football with a lot of missionaries. It was so much fun. I loved it. I am so dirty right now. It was muddy. :) 

Anyway, I'm happy right now. Thank you for you're love and support. I love you!!!
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment