Monday, January 12, 2015

Stretford #12

Well this is my birthday cake. 
It's a really posh ice cream. 
It was really good. :) 
Excuse the hair, it was a windy day. 
Hello everyone!
So on Saturday we got transfer calls! For the next 6 weeks I will be serving with Elder Sxxxxxxx (I don't know anything about him) and I'll be in Ashton 1st ward (still in Greater Manchester). So that's exciting! I'm really excited to go, but at the same time I'm a little gutted because this past week has been really good for us and we've started to make some real progress.

So on Monday after emailing we went to the Stake center and played basketball with some other missionaries. It was really fun and I was so happy to be moving around. Speaking of moving, I've been blessed this past week, because I was able to convince my companion to go running with me 3 mornings! So it was good to get out and burn some annoying fat that likes to collect on my waist. 

This week we went to go teach a man named Bxxxx that we met last week. He's a really friendly man and let us in without a problem. After some conversation we get around to teaching him about the restoration, and about half way through he starts rolling a joint of weed! It was so funny! So for all you wannabe pot smokers out there, I can teach you how to roll your Mary J when I get back. It's a very fine art. 

This weekend we were caught in the chaos of a Manchester United after game craziness. And when you're surrounded by thousands of drunk football fans, some angry, some happy, it's a dangerous time to preach the gospel. So we went somewhere else. How's that for a pointless story!

Yesterday a member brought a non member friend to church, and being missionaries, we just had to swoop in and snatch him up. So we did! We taught him and now he's a new investigator! He is from Italy and he's Catholic, but he is sick of the Catholic priest being involved in scandals and he doesn't think that the Catholic church practices what they teach so he's looking for a different church. He loved the restoration and is excited to learn more. The best part is, he's a chef for a restaurant that is exclusive for celebrities, and he has invited us over to his house on Tuesday for a meal! So unfortunately because of transfers I will miss out on teaching him, but I'll be able to eat some of his food before I leave! 

We bumped into our investigator Jxxxxx, who is the really really good one from weeks ago. We haven't seen her at all this transfer because of the holidays and school, but she is still open to having visits and she has been reading the Book of Mormon so I'm excited for Elder Rxxxx to continue to teach her. 

Well, thank you all so much for your prayers. I love you and I pray for you. 
Love, Elder Olsen

We were bored at a bus stop. Don't judge. Nobody was around!

Really. Don't judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment