Monday, February 9, 2015

Ashton #4

Wow! This week went by so fast! I can't believe how fast time flies when you're on a mission. For those not out on one, it goes by so slow. Like with Ailee, (shout out to you) it seemed like her mission was forever long! But I'm sure to her it felt really short! I'm the same way! I look back at what has happened and I think that there is no way that I've done all that! I haven't been out for that long, I still feel like a newbie! I haven't been out for 6 months yet, but I have. Anyway, this week went by so quickly. 

Nothing very exciting happened this week on Monday, but on Tuesday we had district meeting, where I had to give a training. I think it went pretty well and the district seemed to enjoy it, so that was good. We had a couple highlights from that meeting. For one, the Zone leaders were there so I was able to see my trainer Elder VW, so that was a lot of fun. I had such a good time serving with him. The other exciting thing happened during lunch. We are supppsed to bring our own lunch to these meetings, sometimes, we'll bring sandwiches, or frozen pizzas, etc, but Elder Sxxxxxxx and I got the bright idea that we would bring some frozen ground beef, brown it up with some taco seasoning, and have tacos! It was going to be great. However, we finish with district meeting and go over to the kitchen, and we can't find a frying pan anywhere. The church did not have a frying pan. But we were really hungry, and we didn't want to carry around ground beef with us all day, so we just microwaved it to death. We stuck it in the mircrowave for who knows how long and waited until it browned up. Then we mixed the taco seasoning in and ate it with tortillas! And it actually turned out ok! The meat was a little rubbery, but it almost tasted ok! So we survived that one. After that I went on exchange with Elder Cxxx from London. While I was with him we found a new investigator using a banana and I perfected my south England accent, which is the accent that everyone thinks of when they think of England. So I consider that a successful exchange. 
This week was extremely devoid of stories or really anything that I could share, other than one thing that I will share at the end. But before that I'll share a quick update with you about Mxxx and Axxx. We were able to see Mxxx and Axxx quite a bit this week. We did service at their house stripping wall paper, which for those of you in Utah who have never done it, is a nasty job. You just get hot and sweaty. But it was really good. We were able to talk a lot about the gospel and have discussions with them, and then they also had us round for dinner one night! They are progressing really well and I can't wait to see them make the covenant of baptism, but they have to get married first. But we'll get them there! 

So the last thing that I want to share, is just how important it is to be diligent. I've heard stories like this my whole mission, but I've never had one happen for me until yesterday. We were tracting and it was getting late. It's a mission rule that we can't knock doors after 8:00 pm just because of how dark and late it is. It's about 7:50 and we're knocking the doors, and we have a couple experiences with people that kind of put my companion off of knocking doors that late, but I insisted that we keep going until 8. So at 7:58 I've just about had it as well, so we decide on knocking just 2 more doors. So the first one didn't open, but the second one opened and he let us in! He's a minister for a Unitarian church, but he felt like something has been off in his life lately! Hey guess what!!!! The true Gospel of Jesus Christ can help fix that!!! So that's my weekly miracle. 




The very last thing is something that we did early this morning. We got up and went to the Vellodrome, which is where they do Olympic bike racing. I don't have any pictures of us doing it, but right after we finished, Team GB (Great Britians Olympic team) got on and I got pictures of them. So that's it for this week! Thanks for your support! I love you!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment