Monday, March 23, 2015

Ashton #10

Hello all! 

This week I taught Mxxx and Axxx, again on splits. I was with our ward mission leader, Brother Hxxxxx, and we taught the Word of Wisdom. It was the first time that I had ever taught or attempted to teach it, so I was really glad that he was there with me. He kind of took over the lesson, which usually is really bad, because some members teach weird stuff, but Brother Hxxxxx did a really good job! They both committed to live it and work on cutting down on cigarettes and quitting the alcohol. I'm really excited for Mxxx and Axxx. I think sometimes we as members don't realize how hard it can be for people to join the church. Looking at it from their perspective, 2 strangers are coming into their home, telling them that there is a supernatural being out there who loves them and watches over them, that they are sinners and need to repent in order to be saved, and asking them to change their life style from a commonly accepted standard of living to what we call a "higher standard" of living. It's a lot to take in! But Mxxx and Axxx are champs and they're doing a good job accepting everything. 

Other than that, not much happened this week! I don't have any more time, but I love you all! 
Thank you all for you're love and support. 
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment