Monday, March 9, 2015

Ashton #8

Hello everybody! This week had ups and downs to it, but I wanted to focus this email mainly on the biggest up. 
In our mission, well probably in most missions, a lot of missionaries struggle with getting up on time to exercise. As a incentive for us to exercise, he promised us a reward. He didn't tell us exactly what it would be, but on Tuesday I got to reap the rewards of my labors. Those of us who exercised got to go the the temple to do baptisms for the dead. Wow. What a great experience that was. We took a train up to Chorley where the temple is, and then I had to go on a short exchange for the day, and my new companion and I went to the temple. I feel like it's been such a long time since I have done baptisms, so being able to do it again made it special in and of itself, but we had the great privilege of being able to not only be baptised and confirmed for the dead, but to baptise and confirm. I had never before had the chance to preform the baptisms, so it was so neat and spiritual. They didn't have any officiators doing anything, So I got to keep the records as well. Ah! It was so good! 
Here's a picture

I want you all to know that I know that God answers prayers. I have gained such a testimony of this simple principle the past few days and weeks. It's so simple! Just like a loving parent wouldn't kick a child out of the house without making sure they had the means to communicate with them, God didn't send us down to earth without providing a way for us to communicate with him. We can pray to God and receive answers! How absolutely amazing is that?! I love my mission. Even the hard times because that is when I learn to truly rely on God. Thank you for your prayers in my behalf. I know that they are answered because I can feel them. I love you all. 
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment