Monday, April 6, 2015

Ashton #12

Happy Easter!
This week was such a special week to be missionaries. We are set apart as official representatives of our Savior Jesus Christ. It is our responsibility as his ambassadors to spread the news that He lives! And there is no more glorious truth than that. Jesus of Nazareth descended below all things, He suffered and died, but He lives. He broke the bonds of death that would've bound each of us, but He overcame what we could not do ourselves. And all we do as missionaries is spread this message. There is no greater joy. I am never more happy than when I am doing good in the world. And this week, I knew that I was doing good. :)


I don't have tons of time to write and send this email, so I'm going to cut the fluff and get to the really important stuff. 1st things 1st, transfers are this week. Elder Bxxxxxxxxxx and I are getting split up. I will once again be staying in Ashton!!! And I will be serving with Elder Bxxxxxx from Sandy Utah. 

Next on the agenda is Wednesday. I was blessed to be able to go on exchange with none other than Elder VW! It was so much fun. I've been a little bit stressed over some stuff, and Elder VW is an absolute goof ball, so it was so much fun to cut the stress, be myself, do work and have fun. He was trained in this area so he had some helpful hints and knew some people that would help us out! It was good fun. :) 

Conference! It was absolutely AMAMZING.  I loved it so much. Every single talk was fantastic. My favourite talks were Sister Burton's, Wilford W. Anderson's, and of course Elder Holland's. They were all so good! 

Then this morning I got to go to the Temple! I love being able to do this. It is such a blessing to be serving in a mission with a temple in it's boundaries. I wish I could talk more about Conference, the temple, everything, but I simply do not have enough time. I'll try to send pictures, but when P-day ends it ends so I can't promise they'll load in time. 

Love you all!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment