Monday, April 13, 2015

Ashton #13


This is my new companion. His name is Elder Bxxxxxx, he is from Sandy Utah, and he plays Quidditch! So far I've really enjoyed the few days that I've served with him. 

Don't worry, I'm not as fat as I look in the picture. I actually weigh less than I did when I came out, but I've eaten a lot of rice and pasta so my face is fat! The old grannies in my ward like to pinch my cheeks. They are very pinchable after all. 

This week was really good. Started off the week with P-day, which I told you about last week. (we went to the temple) It was soooo good!
Wednesday was transfers. The day of transfers everyone who is getting transfered travels to and meets up at the most central church, which is the Manchester Stake center. We then hang around and wait while President Ulrich finishes interviewing the new missionaries and assigns them to their trainers. We then have a big meeting where the new missionary is introduced and given a companion. After that is done the departing missionaries bear their testimonies, which is cruel to the new ones, but I've grown to love it. Then we all head back to our respective areas! We were lucky and a member dropped us off at the Stake center and took Elder Bxxxxxx's bags so we only had to get ourselves back to Ashton. It was so nice because taking suitcases on buses is not so fun. 

Thursday we had weekly planning, which I actually enjoyed for the first time in a long time. We accomplished a lot and had a good time doing it. 

Friday and Saturday we did a lot of finding. We went to the far part of our area, only about  4 miles away called Mossley and tracted a beautiful little avenue their. I'll send a picture of Mossley just for fun. 


Mossley is a beautiful little English town and as always, the photo doesn't do it justice. 
We met some really solid potential investigators this week, and we'll find out this week if any of them will turn into investigators. I have really good hopes for this transfer and I think that great things will happen this next month. By the way, it's a short transfer, only 4 weeks, so If I get moved from Ashton I will feel robbed. I love Ashton so much. The work is going better, the members are fantastic, I like my flat, and the area is beautiful. I just don't want to leave. 
But I have at least 4 weeks! So that's good. 

Last night we got to go to the member missionary fireside with Axxxxx. The fireside is where any of the newly baptised members can bear their testimonies for investigators. The spirit is always strong and it motivates people to act to change their lives. It was really good.  He asked for a blessing to give him the strength to quit smoking, he hasn't drunk in a few weeks, so we are going to give him that tonight. 

I'm excited for this coming week, we have lots of service planned, which is evidence that the ward is starting to trust us, so I'm excited. 
Hope you have a good one! 
Love Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment