Monday, May 11, 2015

Ashton # 17

Hullo!
I don't really know what to write about today... It was a decent week, not to many highs or lows so I can't complain, but just kind of dull. But it culminated very nicely with a great skype home which was such a blessing to be able to speak with my family, even with technology issues. 

Looking back on the week, It was definitely one of the faith trying weeks. I started off every day with a good study and I left the flat each morning with a smile and the attitude that I was going to do everything I could to find a new investigator. It started out great every time, and maintaining it throughout the day was a struggle, but with lots of prayer I was doing everything that I could, and nothing was happening. It was getting pretty frustrating by the end of the week, and I was just exhausted, so the skype Sunday afternoon was perfect timing. I needed a break with my family. 

I spent my personal study this morning, trying to find out what I could do to fix the problem. I studied every scripture I could find where the servants of the Lord baptised thousands of unbelievers. Without fail, each of them pointed to the faith of the missionaries, and the power of their prayers. My goal this week is not to find a new investigator. My goal is to find many new investigators. My goal is to increase my faith and to change my mentality. Of course it's all if it's God's will, but I'm trying to purify myself so that I can be a more effective tool in God's hands. 

Reading over that it sounds really negative! I don't feel that way at all, I'm happy, I love my life, I love the gospel, and I love serving in England! 

I don't know what else to say. Please pray for me this week. Please pray for all of the missionaries. We can feel your prayers, they truly lift and strengthen us. I'm so grateful for all of your support. I love the opportunity I have to be a missionary. I know I'm where I need to be. God is a God of miracles and I know he can and will work them in this blessed land of England. I love you all. Thank you for your support. 

Love, Elder Olsen
ps sorry I didn't take pictures this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment