Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ashton #19

Hello all! 
This week was pretty darn good. Lots of ups, one or two not so ups, but I'm one happy camper, doing what I love, and loving what I do. 

A few of the highlights from our week. 2 weeks ago or so we found a girl named Sxxxxx. We got her phone number and gave her a Book of Mormon, but that was about as far as it went. We'd text her occasionally but we just weren't getting anywhere. Out of the blue we got a text from Sxxxxx apologizing for not being in touch and asking when we could meet up! So on Saturday we met Sxxxxx at the church with 2 fellowshippers, one return missionary sister about Sxxxxx's age and a boy preparing to go on a mission. We then had one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever been in. It was amazing. Sxxxxx accepted a baptismal date of the 27th of June! Please Please pray for Sxxxxx to get her answer!

That was probably the biggest highlight from last week. The biggest one this week happened yesterday when we were able to go to the temple! I love it there! It's the best place on earth. But anyway, back to last week. 

Sxxxxx was the highlight of the week, but I have some non-highlights that were just funny and made me laugh so looking back they could be considered highlights. :) Txx is one of those highlights. We street contacted Txx on Tuesday, taught him the full Restoration on the street and  said a prayer with him. We set up an appointment with him for the very next day. When we got to the appointment, we realized that he had given us the address to a Mosque! We called him but he had blocked our number. We got played like a violin!

Non-highlight #2! We were walking down the side of the road, nobody was on the streets so we were just talking back and forth, that sort of thing. All of a sudden I got the wind knocked out of me and a can of soda falls to the ground! Some bozo had chucked a can of soda at me as they were driving by in their car and drilled me in the chest with it! I have a pretty nice bruise on my chest, it's pretty epic... :) Don't worry mom, I'm fine. :)

So that's my week in a nut shell! We found 6 new investigators this week! Please pray that we will continue to have sucess!

Love you loads!
Elder Olsen

Here's some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment