Monday, July 13, 2015

Warrington #3

Hello!
I've had a good week over here in Warrington! Things are a little bit
slow as far as the work goes but we have seen miracles, I'm happy and
I'm excited for next week!

Oh boy, this makes me excited just thinking about it! On Tuesday we
went to Liverpool for zone meeting which is about 45 minutes on the
train. It was a great meeting, by far the best zone meeting I've ever
attended. We talked about giving our all for the case of Christ. It
brought me a lot of self reflection and made me think about how much I
am giving. Am I giving my heart, might mind, and strength? Am I giving
everything I am, everything I have for and to Christ? No. I realised
that I wasn't. That I'm not. Boy that hit me hard. I want to do the
very best I can, be all I could be. And so I've promised myself, I've
promised God, and now I'm promising you lot, that I will give more. I
will make a conscience effort to lose myself. This zone meeting was
one of those where we were taught by our leaders, but I was taught by
the spirit more than anything. It was so good!

Wednesday was good too! We were tracking in the morning and we met a
man who had just moved into the area and was looking for a church!
Good News! We have the truth! He is going on Holiday for the next
little while, but I'm excited to see where that goes once he gets
back. We also taught Pxxxx, one of our investigators who is doing
well. We taught him the word of wisdom at a recent convert's home. It
was super good, he is a recovering alcoholic and is trying to quit
smoking as well, I'm excited for him as well, but again, he is going
on Holiday to the Mediterranean until August. So hopefully he'll be
strong and keep his commitments.

Saturday was another good day for me. We did a street display in town
centre, which went really well. I can't remember if I've explained
street displays yet, but it's basically hard core hyped up finding. We
had a table out with loads of copies of the Book of Mormon on it in
different languages and the whole district gets comes together and we
have a combined force going out and stopping every one in town. It was
powerful. Right as we were starting a bird up in a tree exploded and
let loose it's breakfast of berries. Luckily I didn't get hit, but 4
other Elders did. But I used it as a talking point with people, they
would sit under the tree and then I would go warn them about the bird
with bowel issues and get a conversation started! I had just warned a
Chinese man about the bird when he made it clear he didn't want to
talk. I walked away and that fat little magpie once again opened the
chambers and pooped on this poor man's face! It was rough but i
couldn't help but laugh! But I felt so bad for him! But during that
street display a man came up to me, he was about 22 or 23 years old.
He said that a while ago someone had given him a Book of Mormon on the
bus. He liked reading it because it made him happy. It was amazing, we
won't be able to meet with him until Saturday, but I can't wait for
it! He seemed super prepared to receive the Gospel. The Lord is
hastening his work! It's incredible to be a part of.

I love my mission. It is an incredible experience. I'm learning and
growing so much. It's dang hard. It's an emotional ride, it's
horrible, it's stressful, it's wonderful and it's grand, and I love
every second of it. This church is true. God lives, Jesus is the
Christ. Joseph Smith is a prophet of the true and living God, the Book
of Mormon is sacred holy scripture. The heavens are open and we can
each gain this testimony of this by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Have a wonderful week everyone. Choose the right and show your light.
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment