Monday, July 20, 2015

Warrington #4

Hiya!
Well, as many of you know, this week marked one year for me. One year
that I've been away from home, one year that I've had someone with me
24/7, a full year of stopping people on the streets, of dealing with
drunk people on a weekly basis, and being called a bible basher. One
year that I've spread the Gospel, a full year of bearing my testimony.
It's been a wild ride.

Well this has been a week of reflection for me. This week was better
than New Year's Day for goal setting! Looking back I can see how each
of my areas changed me, Carlisle, Stretford, Ashton, and Warrington.
Each of my companions, Elders VW, Rxxxx, Sxxxxxxx,
Bxxxxxxxxxx, Bxxxxxx, Lxxxxx, and Hxxxxx have made me a better person.
I've come away from every experience having learned something and
having the option to grow. So all in all it has been a great year!

This week was pretty alright for me! On Monday after emailing we met
up with some other elders and went bowling, I've done this a lot
recently because it was only recently that it was approved as an
appropriate p day activity. So we had some fun doing that. That
evening we met with one of our investigators named Bxxxx for a lesson.
She is American, living in England while she's studying art. She's fun
to teach and it's always an interesting lesson. It's her style to
debate the topic, regardless of her personal stance, simply for the
sake of arguing. It really is an enjoyable time but she keeps us on
our toes! Tuesday was district meeting, and that was good. Nothing to
insightful or revolutionary was shared so I won't go into detail on
that. Wednesday was a good day, but nothing really worth sharing.


Which brings us to my year mark! 
Thursday was a pretty normal day for
the most part, we had weekly planning, we went out finding, but then the day finished off in a great way. We had a dinner appointment with a young family, he is from Africa so we had some really nice African food. While there I had the pleasure of burning a shirt to celebrate! I'll try to attach a video but it might not work, we'll see! But it was really fun and brought back so many memories from my mission thus far.

Friday was another good day. We were going to do a street display, and as we were leaving the flat in the morning I got a prompting to throw in a few more foreign language copies of the Book of Mormon. So I did and we left to set it up. Well we were in town centre setting up the display and before we had even finished setting it up a man walked by, saw the copies of the Book of Mormon and said, "I think I would like to know more about this, but my English is not very good. Do you have one in polish?" And amazingly polish was one of those books that I threw in last minute! Immediately after that I stopped a man who said
"I'm catholic but I know it's not true. I've studied the JW's, Islam, Buddhism, and everything in between, but I've never studied Mormonism." I then taught him the restoration and he wanted to know more.

The Lord is hastening his work and I get to be a part of it! Miracles
are happening and I get to be a first hand witness of it!

So yes, I've been in England for a year, I've been abused and
rejected, but I've never been closer to my Father in Heaven. And the
best part is, I get another year of this!

Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much to me. I love you all!
-Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment