Monday, August 17, 2015

Birkenhead #2


Wow!
This week was so incredibly busy! We had so much going on and it was a fantastic week. Unfortunately we were so busy that we didn't have much time for finding, but when there are definitely worse things than being to busy with teaching appointments to tract! :) 

So on Monday, I took a nap. Oh my, that was absolute bliss. This lifestyle wears you out. You're just tired all the time and then you work harder and just get more tired. So the nap was so nice. :) 

Tuesday was another good day. We had district meeting which went alright. I gave a training on how faith and power relate to one another and how we can increase both. I was super nervous about it, but I think it went ok. It was really a special thing to be able to see the spirit working. I was wondering about that relationship for a long time, and I recently found out the answer, so the training was very personal to me so I was grateful for that chance to bear testimony. 

Wednesday was a busy day with travel. We have to travel so much in this area. To get to district meeting (which we hold in Runcorn) it takes about an hour and a half by train each way. We had referrals all over the Wirral that we had to contact so we were traveling all over the place. It's a catch 22 because we are supposed to contact referrals within 24 hours, but when they are so far away from each other travel just eats away at time ant we don't have time for that! So we did the best that we could, trying to travel contact people. I had one that ended super badly! This is funny. :) So I sit down on the train and there is a man across the aisle so I start to talk to him. He was very friendly but he had a big dog with him who was a bit less friendly. I guess I said something wrong, this dog thought I did, because he started barking super loud and he tried to jump across this man to get me! I have nerves of steal and did not hit my head on the window out of fright. 😊 But this man had to get off at the next stop and wait for the next train because his dog was too loud! Failed train contact! :) 

Thursday was another good day. We had a mission leadership council, with all of the district leaders, zone leaders, sister training leaders, and assistants, along with President and Sister Ulrich. It was an incredibly powerful meeting. I don't know how to explain it. We had trainings by the assistants and President Ulrich that was so good. It was a 7 hour meeting but it went by so fast. The spirit was so amazingly strong. We just sat there and basked in it. :)

Friday was good as well, And Saturday, And Sunday. :) We did get time yesterday to tract for about an hour, I love tracting. It's always a surprise who will answer the door! It keeps you on your toes. :) We met a super nice woman, who says all her friends are mormon, and she wants to be as well! But her husband is super against it and doesn't want to divide the family by joining. Those situations are always so hard, but we're going back this week to see her and hopefully the family as well so we'll see what happens! 

We met a couple this week. Dxxxxxxxx and Jxxx. This was such an exciting contact. :) they stopped us in the street! Jxxx was higher than a kite, didn't know which way was up. So I took him aside while Elder Sxxxxx taught Dxxxxxxxx. He had a really good lesson with her and she became a new investigator! Meanwhile Jxxx kept bashing America and guns and telling me how great England was. He was way gone. 

Well I hope you're week was great! This week Elder Sxxxxx and I will get more time for finding so I'm looking forward to that! 

Love you all!
Elder Olsen




No comments:

Post a Comment