Monday, August 31, 2015

Birkenhead #4

Good Morning!

Again, I don't know where all the time has gone. This week has flown by. 

Alrighty! So some of my highlights of the week:

I went on exchange with Elder Rxxx, who is from Austria! We were working in his area, so he was leading it out. This is his 2nd transfer in the mission, and he is amazing. His home back in Austria is about a 10 minutes drive from the home where they filmed Sound of Music. I learned so much from Elder Rxxx about devoting all we have for the sake of Christ. Before his mission he played football (soccer) at a very high level, in fact he tried out and made it onto the Red Bull team where he would be paid well when he was 16. But he quit the team because they played on Sundays. We taught one of their investigators named Axxxxx the Restoration. Elder Rxxx brought an incredible spirit into the room with his testimony and his attitude towards the lesson. It helped me to realize that though I haven't gotten flippant I've become a little to relaxed about teaching. It was one highlight for me for sure, and it's always good to be able to connect better with the members of your district. 

The next highlight comes on Saturday! Wow, this was a fun day. On Saturday we traveled to Rhyl again for a zone street display. We were told that there were going to be 180,000 people coming out to watch an air show! We divided up into districts where we then set up the display and started contacting people. There were so many people out and about, it was a huge turn out. Unfortunately the location that we were assigned to be was not the best spot, everyone who passed was in a huge hurry so we didn't even get one person to talk with us in the hours that we were there. But the plus side is that we were set up so that we looked over the ocean and were able to see the air show the whole time! It was like dinner and a show! But without the dinner and with a whole bunch of work and rejection! 

The time is going by so quickly, I feel like I was just here writing to you last week. The time going by so quickly has helped me learn a powerful lesson. I need to be actively involved in every moment. I find that sometimes I just go along, doing everything that I'm supposed to but I'm not quite there. The last few weeks going by so fast has taught me more how I can be an agent at every opportunity rather than an object waiting to be acted upon. I think that this is something that determines successful missionaries from the unsuccessful ones, how well they seek out people, opportunities, and joy. I've been both at different times throughout my mission, and the times when I really decide to be an agent, when I'm really there in the moment, acting with faith are the times that we've been blessed the most. 

Just yesterday for example, we went to a man's house whom Elder Sxxxxx had met whilst on exchange with Elder Nxxxxxx. He invited us into his home and we taught him the restoration. It was a powerful lesson full of the spirit. He was so prepared it's amazing. He doesn't have a date now, but Elder Sxxxxx and I both feel that he will get baptised. I bring that up because during that lesson and before I had been focused on acting and being in the moment and we had that great lesson. 

Well that will be it from me. You lot are brill. 
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment