Monday, September 14, 2015

Birkenhead #6

Hiya!

Well it's that time once again. Transfer news... So for this coming transfer, Elder Sxxxxx will be staying in Moreton! And I... am leaving! This one came as a huge surprise to me, things were going so well, I was sure that we would stay together. Fortunately for us, the Lord has sees the big picture and sometimes has other plans than what we want or expect. To be perfectly candid, I wasn't thrilled when I found out yesterday that I was moving. Things really were going super well and I was enjoying the area, getting along great with my companion, and connecting well with the members. I'm leaving this area after just one transfer (again) and I'm going to Wigan! I'm really excited about that, I've been to Wigan before, It's really close to Warrington, in fact, Warrington is in Wigan's district! So I'll probably be able to go on exchange back to Warrington! That'll be weird. I really am excited. Nervous, yes. But I'm getting the hang of moving. The worst part about it is packing...
I had another good week. Elder Sxxxxx and I have been incredibly blessed to have a great transfer together. We've only had a few negative experiences, but Elder Sxxxxx has been great with helping me to be more positive in situations and to look for the good in everything and everyone. So even in those trying and frustrating times I've been able to look at it as a growing opportunity, rather than a roadblock. It's been a great lesson for me to learn and I think it's one of the big reasons that I was sent to this area.
This week we taught Rxxxxxx again. We taught him the second half of the Plan of Salvation. We tried a new approach with Rxxxxxx. We've tried so hard to teach simply. To teach in a way that he couldn't misunderstand. And it's been working. We had him teach it back to us, which he did really well. We had such a spiritual lesson with him. I'm super excited to hear how he progresses!
This week I interview someone for baptism! That was a privilege. She'd been taught by the zone leaders and since they're in my district I interview the candidate. It was super good. I love being a representative of Jesus Christ. It's great. I don't know what else to say.
Because missionary emails are boring sometimes, I'll include funny highlight. :) I tried to make cinnamon rolls this week. And it sort of worked. I made the dough, then realized that I didn't have time to let them rise because I needed to leave the flat. So I kneaded the heck out of it, then rolled it out and put the stuff inside it and popped it in the oven. The end product was amazing. Not in a good way either. They were the heaviest cinnamon rolls I've ever held. It tasted... goodish. but they were super dense. So that was fun! Here's a picture of them. :) They look goodish. I drowned them in frosting. :D


Well I'm going to sign off now. Ya'll are great! 
Love, Elder Olsen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few more pictures that we got today!





No comments:

Post a Comment