Monday, October 5, 2015

Wigan #3

Family! Friends!
It's good to hear from you! As always, thank you for your kind words and encouragement. You lot are the best. It's been a good week over here across the pond. I'm hoping it has been for you as well. Isn't General Conference the best! Ah, it was so good to be able to hear that! Such a spiritually refreshing thing.

This week was a bit weird. We didn't have a lot of time to proselyte. Zone meeting in Liverpool and General Conference left us a with not much to do. On top of that we had a few lessons with our investigator Bxx so that took a lot of time as well. Bxx is doing well. He has had a lot of problems in the past and he's struggling to quit smoking. Conference was really good for me because it hit me that Elder Sxxxxxx and I have been attacking the smoking concern. We've really been attacking the branches on the tree instead of the roots. We really need to be working on teaching him about the Atonement and teaching him how to place his burdens on the Savior, rather than helping him to struggle on his own. I think we've almost been counter-productive. But it's all a learning experience and I'm grateful to be able to learn and grow, rather than be stuck in the past.
So life is pretty good for me. Your english missionary is doing well. I'm happy. I don't have much to say today, but life is good.
Thanks for being great!
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment