Monday, October 12, 2015

Wigan #4

Hiya!

I'm glad that I'm sitting here writing this letter, because it means that the beginning of another week is here. This week was good with some really good points but I'm glad to put this one behind me. I had to deal with some really stressful stuff that I never wanted to do as a missionary. But thankfully that's all behind me now and I get to move away from the stress and drama. 

Monday was a great P-day. We emailed and shopped and were lazy until 6:00. And then it was time for something fun. We have/had an investigator named Cxxxx who is 19 years old, which means he is YSA aged. So we went to the YSA Family Home Evening with him, which was really fun! It was Elder Dxxxxxxxx's (one of the other missionary's in Wigan) birthday and they had a lesson and then threw a party for him. Our investigator really enjoyed it, but probably to much so. :) later this week we ended up coming to a mutual agreement to drop him because he loves his weed and vodka to much. The only counsel he would take from us in regards to either of those substances was not to do them at the same time. That much alcohol with fire isn't a good idea. He might explode!

Tuesday we had district meeting, a street display, and an exchange. All 3 of these were super good. I have a wonderful district who is so supportive and are great missionaries. At the street display Sister Yxxx, a missionary from China, found a Chinese man and after teaching him a full length lesson dated him for baptism on the spot! He doesn't live in the area so he has to be referred to another area, but it was really added some fire to our street display! After that I went on exchange back to Warrington. I stayed in my old flat, met some of the best members from the area, and ate hot dogs from a bottle. It's the English way to do it, instead of getting hot dogs that come shrink wrapped in the packaging, they come in a bottle soaking in brine. It looks and sounds gross, but it just tastes like a salty hot dog. 

The exchange was good. Elder Bxxxxx is a great missionary and it was fun to be with him in my old area. On Wednesday morning we helped a member move, and in the process of moving a 2 seater recliner up a narrow flight of stairs I did my back in. I've been having a few minor problems with my back the last few months, but it's never had much of an impact on me. I think I just tweaked it just right, and I can't sit down for more than a few minutes now. I think I'm driving my companion crazy during personal study when it looks like I'm playing head, shoulders, knees and toes every 5 minutes! 

I think that's about it for Wednesday, except for dinner I made Hawaiian Haystacks, but it tasted like we were eating oatmeal. It was super bland. I've discovered that I can't cook very well without my mothers help. Or maybe it's because we don't have any proper equipment here. Anyway, because it was so bland I made it more exciting by turning it blue with food colouring. It was definitely more exciting, but it didn't taste much nicer. 

Thursday was weekly planning. We met a nice lad named Lxxx. He is 17 but looks like he is 22. We're hoping to be able to start teaching him, he was our second biggest finding success this week. Super nice kid, has his head on straight and seems to know his way through life alright. He'll be great once we snag him. 

Friday and Saturday were full of finding. I had one or two interesting experiences with that, but I won't go into those. We met a really nice woman who became a new investigator. Very kind and gentle with great faith. But she is mouldable and wants to find the right faith. I'm excited! 

Sunday was a very special day for me. Taking the sacrament was incredibly refreshing, and oh it was wonderful to me. I love the focus on the Sabbath day from the General Authorities. It has changed my perception completely. 

Mom, and anyone else who cares, I promise I have pictures to send, but the computer here is down and there is no way for me to get them from my camera to my iPad to send, so you'll all just have to wait until next week. It's ok, I still look the same, it's just a test of your patience! Sorry! 

All in all a good week over here. I'm pleased with it anyway. I'm glad it was fairly decent back home and I hope this next week will be wonderful!

Love you!

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment