Monday, November 23, 2015

Wigan #10

Hello all!
Wow, the miracles never ceases to amaze me. Since I've been on a mission, in a position where I get to see people grow spiritually, it puts me in an amazing position to see the hand of God in not only my life, but in the lives of those around me as well. But not only that, I have the incredible opportunity to help and assist in the process! I get to share with people advice, teachings, and experiences that I can see affect people's lives.
One of the times that I saw this strongly was this week when we were teaching Bxx. It has been a difficult journey with Bxx, he's never fallen back to his hard drugs, which is amazing, but he has relapsed with smoking once or twice. But we've been teaching him for so long that we've gotten to the point where I don't know what else we can teach him. So we've really tried to understand God's will in this, because we can't do anything. This week in going to through the scriptures I was reading in Alma about the Atonement and it just hit me how real it actually is. So we taught Bxx about that, and how the restoration of Christ's church gives us greater acces to it than we would otherwise have. He thought about it for awhile, and we were just sitting there in silence, feeling the spirit and waiting for his reaction. Oh, I loved that moment so much, I know with all my heart that the Church of God is found here in this church. The feelings that I have had overweigh all of the things that I don't understand.

One of the most exciting things that happened this week was last night. We were standing in the cold, shivering our tails off, and a drunk lady came up to us! Now, I love drunk people, they are so funny, so I was excited to talk with her. She was asking us loads of questions about the church, and we were answering them and bearing testimony and the like, then she turned on us and started telling us that we can't be telling people stuff like that because we are too young. That we just came to England because we wanted to see the world. Elder Rxxxx doesn't like people telling him what his emotions are, and when he gets mad it's scary. And this lady was just going on and on about how we haven't lived because we haven't ever seen anybody die of aids, and we haven't lived because we've never been in a war. She was being really arrogant and Elder Rxxxx was getting mad, so I just started messing with this lady, asking her some contridictory questions and leading her into all sorts of loopholes. Elder Rxxxx saw what I was doing and so he joined in the fun. At the end she wanted to know how two 19 year olds can know so much about religion, so we got a return appointment with her! So now we are trying to figure out who will be a good fellowshipper for someone like that. Reading over that it sounds really mean, but it wasn't really. We were polite and the questions weren't rude or anything. It was nice and it rekindled my love for the people of the drink.
Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure!


No comments:

Post a Comment