Monday, November 2, 2015

Wigan #7

Hello Family and Friends!
My week in a nutshell was pretty darn decent. I can't complain to much, and I don't want to, so I won't! Life is good and it moves on. It's one of the greatest things about life. That we don't have to be stuck in the rubbish of the past. I've seen that a lot this week. As many of you know I'm serving with Elder Rxxxx who I served with exactly a year ago. And if you remember I trained him immediately after being trained. So we were both incredibly fresh and green. We made a lot of mistakes. Lots of them. And it led to the time that I spent in that area being the worst time of my mission. And I am just so thankful that we don't have to be stuck with those mistakes. A year has gone by. Nobody died. We can move on! I look back on the year, and it's only looking back that I can see change. But I am so grateful that we can take advantage of the Atonment and grow from the past, not dwell in it. Use it as a springboard for future success.
As I finished up the transfer with Elder Sxxxxxx, we spent some time visiting some people that we were working with, specifically Bxx. Elder Sxxxxxx was the one that found Bxx a week or two before I came to this area. And It was Elder Sxxxxxx that Bxx trusted. When he told Bxx that he was leaving, Bxx said it felt like a kick in the teeth. And that made me think of the New Testament, when Christ was with His disciples and told them that he was leaving. They didn't want to accept it, but they were told that they would be sent another comforter. The Holy Ghost. It hit me that unless there is an element of change in something, nobody will grow. Up to that point I think Bxx was relying heavily on Elder Sxxxxxx, but now that he is gone I hope and pray that he will rely on the Holy Ghost more in his life. I think that would make things so much better and help him progress even more.
Halloween was an interesting night. We live right outside a pub and halloween is much more of a drinking and partying holiday here than a door to door kids holiday like in the states. So we got to listen to quite a bit of drunk karyoke on the 31st! Drunk people are so funny.
Well I think that's probably it for me this week! I love my mission and I love the opportunity to serve God and others. It makes life so much more meaningful and fulfilling.
Love you lots! Have a great week!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment