Monday, December 7, 2015

Wigan #12

Hello everyone!
Thanks for being so great, I'm so thankful for your prayers and letters. I miss you all, but I'm so grateful to be immersed in the most incredible work, it's such a blessing to be a part of this. I can feel of your support and love for me. It really carried me this week. 
So this week had some crazy ups and downs. Hands down, it was the most emotional week I've had on mty mission. I experience every thing in an inbetween balling like a baby, laughing my head off, stressing myself out of my mind, flying by the seat of our pants, discouragment, disapointment, inadequacy, shame, joy, depression, and anxiety. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, which I pray is over because I do not want to deal with any more.
I don't know how to begin to describe the week. This was a week where much of my attention was devoted to other missionaries and their problems and concerns. This week I had to deal with other missionaries problems, all while trying to handle my own problems and focus on investigators. It was a trying week.
I won't go into anymore detail than that. I already spent quite a bit of time writing President about it and I've talk about it to my zone leaders, President and Sister Ulrich, and the assistants. I've told the story a few times so I'll forgo telling it this time. Reading that it sounds like I've just been super depressed and down, but I honestly did manage to enjoy parts of my week.
So here's the latest update on Dxxxxxxx and Bxx. Dxxxxxxx is gone as can be. We had two addresses for her, and both of them were places where she lived, but it was 3-5 years ago when she last lived there. She hasn't answered the phone in what seems like months. 
Bxx is still struggling. He bought us KFC this week which was really nice, but as far as his progress goes, he's slowed down a lot and he's doesn't really have that desire to keep going. We won't give up though.
I went on exchange with Elder Dxxxxxxxx again this week. I went on exchange with him when I was in Warrington, and we worked in Wigan. So we went on exchange, and that was actually pretty good. It was nice to be able to work with a different missionary and help with different issues than I'm used to.
I'm grateful for trials. I'm grateful for the opportunity to grow. I know prayer works. God lives. He gives us the strength and help that we need when we need it.
Have a great week!
Love you!
Elder Olsen
We did glamour shots this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment