Monday, February 22, 2016

2 Carlisle #5

Hello everyone!
It's been a good week for the most part. Here's a few of the highlights from week 4 of this transfer! I'll try to stick to basics rather than going off on some tangent like usual, but no promises. 
On preparation day last week after we did our shopping and got everything done we went bowling! We were going to go to a castle but miles restrictions prevented us from going. We had a great time and I only embarrassed myself badly once! It was a funny moment, I was trying to put some curve on the ball and as I released the ball my feet slipped out from under me and I fell down in a pile of uncoordinated shame! I didn't get a gutter ball though! I got 3 or 4 pins so I was able to pick myself up with a small piece of my pride intact! :) 
On Tuesday we went to Workington for district meeting. The other set of Elders in Carlisle have the car, and we don't ever get to use it, so even though I have my license I'm not the designated driver, so I haven't driven since my test. So they drove us out there. We had a street display afterwards which went well. We have a powerhouse district. I'm really impressed with some of the missionaries we have. The level of diligence and hard work really impresses me. It makes me want to be a better missionary! 
What else...? Ok, so Thursday morning we got a call from the other Elders, who had gotten a call from a less active man just minutes before. He was wanting help moving and it was happening that day. We didn't have any appointments so we went overage proceeded to help with the most difficult moving job I've ever attempted. There was a lot of big stuff, and some of it was heavy, but he hardest part was the location of the flat. It was a 3rd story flat over a shop and it had a super steep staircase with a 180 degree turn halfway through. And that's after we work around the banister and in and out of bedrooms whatnot. At one point we had a sofa wedged in so tight that we had to through ourselves at it to try to get it to budge, and when it did fall we had another person below who had to catch it coming down the stairs. We only wrecked 2 walls and the ceiling though! It could've been worse! That night we had coordination meeting, and it felt like we were on the hot seat! We only had one name on the progress record, because all of our other appointments had fallen through. I'm sure our branch mission leader thought we were slacking off. 

Friday we worked just as hard as we have the rest of the transfer, but this time we reaped! We had a great day teaching people and schtuff like that. We found 4 new investigators, which is huge! That's probably the most I've ever had in one day. It was a really good day.

Saturday was just the opposite. We were so excited from Friday that during planning Friday night we planned the tracting in the same area for the whole day. That wasn't the best idea. We worked super hard but weren't able to teach anybody. It was one of the longest days of my mission. But we got through it alive. :)

Sunday was great as always and here I am on P-day writing again!

Thanks for reading! No pictures today, maybe next time. 
Love you all!

Elder Olsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment