Monday, February 29, 2016

2 Carlisle #6

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all well, and that life is treating you nicely. I'll just jump right into my week!

Last week after I emailed we all piled into the car and drove to the Scottish border! I didn't go past the sign so I can't say I've been in Scotland, but I have been to Scotland! Right up next to it. :) I was sat in the back sticking the camera out of the car snapping photos the whole time. It was a good ole adventure!

Tuesday was district meeting! I loved it because I didn't have to train on anything! Delegation is the best, other people can do the hard work. We learned about the difference between pride and confidence. I think it's an interesting balance. Sometimes they compete with each other but other times they are at opposite ends of the spectrum. After district meeting we went to do a street display in Workington town centre but we were kicked out by the council before we were 5 minutes into it. So we packed up and headed back to Carlisle, with 2 more missionaries in tow. The exchange policy for this mission has changed, instead of swapping companions and working in each other's areas, now all 4 missionaries work in the leaders area. So I went on exchange with Elder Mxxxxxx, from Tonga. He's a big teddy bear with strong desires to do what's right. I was able to talk with him really openly and since I've come through some of the things that he is going through it was a good exchange. He lacks self confidence and that's a battle I've fought myself. It was really good and we were both edified.

It's a good thing we have a really big flat, especially with other missionaries staying over more frequently now. The next day we went out and hit the streets some more! I learned from Elder Mxxxxxx that finding is an attitude, not an activity. I really liked that and it's true. It's the principle of forever finding put into practice. Not much more happened on Wednesday, except I found a spot where there used to be a leper hospital not far from where we live! I'll get a picture of the sign today.

Thursday was going to be dynamite! But everything fell through, so we just knocked doors all day. It was the first time on my mission that I'd knocked a whole street with not one door opening. Not really a bucket list item, but I'll cross it off some list anyway.

Friday... I made the most amazing curry for dinner. It was so good! So there's that... The only other interesting thing that happened is the swarm. There is an area in Carlisle called Botcherby. It's a bit rough, one of the roughest in Carlisle, which isn't very rough. But as we walk into Botcherby the sky darkened. I'd say that the sun was blocked, but the clouds were already doing that. It was the biggest cloud of birds I have ever seen. There were literally millions of birds in this cloud. And they were all synchronized creating shapes, diving and rising together. It was amazing. I was pooped on not one, not twice, but 6 times when the flock flew over. It was literally raining bird poop.

Saturday was a good day too. We worked hard and talked to a lot of people. I don't have much more to report about the rest of the week...

We got transfer calls and I will be staying in Carlisle. Elder Kxxxxxx is leaving to go to Liverpool. My new companion will be Elder Kxx, from Spain. He was in the district this transfer so I've gotten to know him a bit. It'll be good!


Here's some border pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment