Monday, March 14, 2016

2 Carlisle #8

Hello everyone!

This week was great, but not in the way I was expecting it to be. But I'll get to that later. Ha! Cliff Hanger...

Having a car in the area is the best. I still haven't had a car for my companionship, so I've been on foot for my whole mission still, but it makes things so nice for P-day. We went on another road trip on Monday to a castle. Dang! That thing was old! It's the best castle I've been to in England. I'll attach photos at the bottom. So we explored a bit of that and had a good time. This week we also had interviews with President Ulrich. I love having interviews. It's such an inspirational time where I can come away with certainty that I received revelation. I loved the time that I was able to spend there. That was in Lancaster, so we spent most of Friday out of Carlisle. On Tuesday we also had district meeting in Workington. It was the first time that we got together as a district this transfer. Wow. This is such a powerful district. We have so many strong missionaries who all make me want to improve. It's a really old district as well. 5 of the 8 go home in the next 6 months. We definitely have missionaries who sprint to the finish, rather than meander.

Of the time that we were able to spend in Carlisle, it was good. We spent less time finding this week and experimented with finding through service. We spent a few hours digging up a tree root for a nice lady that just hasn't committed to meet with us. She was super nice and offered us lots of chocolate (yum!) and bought us pizza as well! Food is the second greatest motivator in the world. Christ is the first. Sometimes I sit and think about the bible stories. What would it have been like to watch Noah building the arc. What role would I have played? Would I help or persecute? What would it have been like to sit at the feet of the Saviour during the sermon on the mount? And when he fed the 5,000... They got both of the great motivators! They heard the words of the Christ and got food too! Lucky ducks...

There wasn't actually a cliff hanger, but to wrap this up, this was a week of spiritual growth for me. President challenged me rather bluntly to step up, and I spent the days since trying to do exactly that. We've been waking up at 6 rather than 6:30 so we can have extra time to ponder and pray in the mornings. We were challenged to have morning devotionals with the Lord, It's been interesting trying to do that. I haven't seen great changes yet, but we were promised miracles by a representative of Christ, so I can't wait to see what those will be.

Love you all!

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment