Wednesday, April 13, 2016

2 Carlisle #12



Hello everyone!
It's been a great week. Prayers do get answered and miracles do happen. I can hardly type fast enough! I just want to tell you everything!

I'll start this letter off with the beginning. After emailing we got a call from the AP's letting us know that they would be coming to work with us that evening and go to our district meeting on Tuesday as well! Elder Nxxxxx (shout out Cache Valley) worked with us and his companion worked with the other Elders. It was so good! I was really pleased to be able to work with him, and he brought lots of energy that we had frankly lost. 
District meeting happened. I'm still district leader this transfer so it must have been ok. After that we had to wait until the fuel was syphoned out, someone put the wrong fuel in the car. When that was finally done I drove to Lancaster! I drove! It was great! We had an exchange with the zone leaders, I was with Elder Nxxxxx, who is a fireball! It was really good exchange! We went finding for most of it, and I was able to learn a lot. I struggle with being myself around people that I don't know, and the exchange helped me to find ways to get over that.  After the exchange we drove out to Barrow, and I conducted a baptismal interview for a 15 year old girl. She passed. After that we embarked on a difficult drive through the Lake District. Narrow roads and sleet made the journey interesting, but I was loving every minute! It was amazing to be driving through one of the most beautiful parts of the world listening to general conference. It was a great day. 
Thursday was one of the best days ever. We had some really good finding, but the best part was our lesson with Rxxxxx. We taught the second half of the Plan of Salvation. It went really well and I felt like we were actually teaching Rxxxxx, not that we were teaching a lesson. During part of the lesson I felt like I was trying to hard on my own and that I needed to trust the spirit more, so I followed a prompting and showed Because of Him, a 3 minute video clip about the Saviour. While that was playing I started praying for Rxxxxx and for us as teachers. After the video the spirit was tangible, and Rxxxxx felt it! She felt it so powerfully, so we invited her to baptism (again)! She said she needs to time to think about it. But it was the most powerful lesson I've ever been in. The spirit did a really good job. I've never taught anyone like Rxxxxx. She just laps it up and is so accepting, but she isn't rash either.

We did a lot of finding on Friday, which went well. With my recommitment to talking with everyone this week I found myself stopping bicyclists, and I even shared a card with a motorcyclist while he was waiting at a red light and I was crossing the street! The book of Proverbs has it right, "the righteous are bold as a lion"! I just loved the Gospel more this week, and that created a natural desire to be better and bolder!

On Saturday we had a branch activity! We watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's performance of Handel's Messiah. So Good! On Friday and Saturday we invited everyone that we spoke to to the activity. And 2 of them showed up! We had a 16 year old young man and his mum come. We later found out that the mum is a less active member, but a practicing Buddhist now. They really enjoyed it! Some of the members recognized her from when she was an active seminary student. She is one of the focuses for the branch now. 
And that brings us around to today! The day of transfers. I will be the Lone Ranger staying in Carlisle! The rest of my crew is leaving me! Elder Sxxxxx and Elder Fxxxxxx are whitewashing out, and they won't be bringing in a replacement companionship. The flat is being shut down leaving 2 of us here! So it's me and my companion Elder Pxxxxxx. He is Danish and has been out for about 8 months. I'm looking forward to serving with him, he's s goofball. 

Well that's a wrap for me! Turrah loves!
Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment