Monday, May 23, 2016

2 Carlisle #18

Well chaps, thanks for the great letters! It was great to hear about how things are going for you all. It's been a good week for me! We got a lot done and met with some really good people! The teaching pool that we have now is the biggest and most progressing that I've ever had on my mission, which feels so good! And one of the best parts is that all of the people come with a member attached to them! Whether it was a member that introduced them to us, or we introduced them to a member, all of the people that we are working with have a friend in the church.

I always get to this point and struggle to remember what has happened during the week. Everything blurs into one. The most prominent thing, and one of the best that we were able to do this week is the mission historical tour. On Thursday we were able to drive down to the Preston temple, have a quick meeting, and then tour some of the sites of our church history with half of the mission! (the other half went the day before). We saw where the first baptisms in England took place, the sites that the first missionaries, Heber C. Kimball, Orson Hyde, and others preached their first days in England, as well as a beautiful village where almost all of the residents joined the church. It was a great experience and a brilliant opportunity to recommit to my Saviour to serve with all of my heart for my last few weeks. My time is winding down, but I'm not. I'm in it till the end!

We met with Rxxxxx several times as well. Rxxxxx is soooo good! But there is something that is keeping her from taking the step to baptism! She believes in the Book of Mormon, she believes Joseph Smith was a prophet, she has a testimony of the plan of salvation, she's living the commandments and meeting with us 3-4 times a week! But she want's to make sure that she will stick to it, even after we leave. She doesn't want to get baptized if she doesn't feel like she'll be able to devout all of her time. So we are working with her still. Prayers would be so appreciated!

Other than teaching and the historical tour, we did lots of door knocking this week. We met loads of really nice people! But not many people were willing to talk about the Gospel. Disappointing, but they had positive experiences with Mormon missionaries so I can't complain.

Lately I've really been able to see a change in me. I've looked back to the beginning of my mission, now over 22 months ago, and the difference is huge. Everything about me has changed. Even my appetite. I don't crave ice cream as I used to, my desire for sweets has diminished. I'm not as athletic, but my understanding of the gospel as it applies to people is so much better.

I don't really have much more to say! Except for that I love you.

Have a great week!

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment